Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekend Update

On Friday I made the Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce and it was AMAZING. I started my pan hotter than it should have been, so my sauce ended up being more brown, than yellow...but it tasted so so so good! We both loved it. Hubby tried to get every bit of meat off of the bones. It was very easy to make, and pretty quick. My chops were a little thicker than the inch suggested in her recipe...so I just cooked them a little longer on each side. The sauce was really amazing, I can't stress that enough. I served it with red garlic mashed potatoes, and a green salad. We then followed up with lime margaritas! It was a really nice night. Little boy got two bottles of formula, because I do not breastfeed him if I have had any alcohol until I am sure the proper amount of time has passed and it is safe for him. I am very very careful about that.

Saturday I did not make one of my dinners. We had strawberry margaritas this night...and neither of us felt like eating much. I made a little mac n cheese...he ate most of it, and I had a salad. It was another great night that we spent just hanging out, watching movies, playing with our little lovebug, and having a lot of fun. I also got BEAUTIFUL flowers from my amazing cousin. They are the prettiest flowers I have every gotten!




Today was my first Mother's Day! It was such a wonderful day. The morning was pretty low-key, and while I was taking a shower my boys put gifts for me on the dining room table! but my husband took me out to lunch for sushi...it is my favorite, but he isn't in to sushi so we have never gone! It was a real treat getting to go with him. They have a box lunch there that he really likes with sweet and sour chicken. Baby boy did great, didn't make a sound. He is so good in public!





 So I just have to show off all of my Mother's Day pictures. I love these flowers, they looked amazing from every angle.


I also love this vase! It is so beautiful! I am loving the collection of vases I have now, after getting flowers when I had little boy...I have like 7 vases now. We only had 1 before and it was tiny...It's nice to have a place to put my flowers.


Here is my handsome man, fast asleep when we got home from lunch. He is in his little overalls that he ended up destroying shortly after with a diaper explosion.







These are the frames hubby got me for Mother's Day! I love them, and I am so excited to have places to put more pictures! It also shows off little man, and my flowers again!









This is the note that "The Baby" wrote for me. My husband is so sweet sometimes!














After the diaper incident, we had some snuggles together on the couch. We were both exhausted from the whole thing!






We both fell asleep for a 5 minute catnap.












Speaking of exhaustion...I am going to go get in bed! I hope all of you mother's had a wonderful Mother's Day. And I hope everyone else told their mother how much they love them, and had a great Sunday!!!

Tomorrow I will update you all on tonight's dinner...We had the Chicken Rollatini with Prosciutto and Cheese!


 
      .

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful weekend! Your cousin, whoever she is, is really sweet, buying you that beautiful arrangement. I sure wish I had a cousin that sweet.


    Oh wait. Ha. I do. :p

    Also,
    You're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww yay! Sounds like you had an amazing day love! And I agree, you are so pretty :)

    Love the note from Little D and all the frames. The flowers are beautiful! I hope you get my card soon!

    ReplyDelete