Last night I made Chicken Rollatini with Prosciutto and Cheese and it was a hit! My Husband said it was one of his favorite things that I have cooked for him. Of course he would like it...double meat, AND cheese! There's no way he would think it was something healthy. Silly boy! It wasn't too tough to make, which was a relief, I was a little nervous about it. The only part that was kind of tough was cutting the chicken breast to make a cutlet. After that it was really easy though. I also cooked some red potatoes and red onions, and green beans to go with it. It was a really nice meal, and only took about 35 minutes between preparation and cooking.
You definitely do not want to add extra prosciutto. I had never had it before, and it is a very salty meat. I wouldn't have been able to eat it if I put more in there. It's very very thin though, so it doesn't look like there is a lot in there, but it is packed with flavor! Since you pound the cutlet really thin, it is also really easy to cut through, and very tender.
So definitely a success! I think tonight I will be making the Sicilian Rice Casserole.
Today is mostly going to be packed with cleaning. Mondays I always have more to do because I tend to let things go a little on the weekend and just enjoy the time I have with my husband being home. I will do pilates though, and go for a run.
My husband is so funny. He really really loves our dog. I do too, we have a great dog. General Stonewall Jackson is a Miniature Australian Shepherd, who weighs about 40 pounds. He is incredibly smart, he listens pretty well, he is a great guard dog, and he never runs off. That's the great thing about a herding dog...even if they run a bit ahead of you, they come back to you without being called, it's in their nature to stay close. Anyway, the point of my story...He is always telling the dog "You're my best friend, you're my best friend in the whole world, I love you" which is sweet...but sooo not who my husband is haha. He is not a super affectionate man, definitely doesn't say a lot of sweet things, he more shows that he cares through his actions. So this morning before going to work he says to the dog "Come here my love, I will miss you so much, when I get home we will go on a walk and have lots of fun, I promise" then he gets up, kisses me, and all I get is "See ya" haha! He was trying to hide his smile though, so he knew what he was doing.
YUM!! Shel, your posts are making me hungry! I wish I wasn't too lazy and actually made more meals instead of grilling all the time. Oh well, I emailed Joel some Paleo recipes, maybe he will do it :)
ReplyDeleteHappy 3 months Little D! You are such a treasure and we are all so happy to have you in our world!
That sure looks tasty! I'm glad it turned out well. The husband is such a boy. *rolls eyes*
ReplyDelete