Happy Belated Cinco de Mayo! We had a good night. I made Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad. It super delicious! Once again I made a couple substitutes. Hubby still doesn't like tomato chunks, and doesn't like raw onion...so instead of that and oil I just added a little bit of salsa. He thought the jalapenos made it a little too spicy for him...but he is just being a sissy, it was perfect. I used about 10 ounces of shrimp, and two small avocados.I served it with a few tortilla chips (more for my husband) and it was great putting the salad on the chips and eating it that way, or just by itself with a fork. My husband had to go back into work around 8:30 for an hour and a half, then he came home and I had already gotten the baby to sleep, so I made our mango margaritas. The recipe called for a bit too much sugar and sour mix. I thought they were pretty decent though. I put two fresh mangoes in the blender (for two drinks-so if nothing else we both got a nice fruit serving), 4 shots of tequila (maybe a little more), 3 shots of triple sec, and about 2 shots of sour mix, and 1/4 cup of sugar, and a little ice. Hubby thought it was too pulpy, not icy enough, and too sugary, with too much sour mix. So he wasn't a huge fan, but still drank 3/4 of it, so he obviously didn't totally hate it.
I almost had a total meltdown last night. I plugged my iPhone into my computer to charge, which I rarely do. I had finally updated my iTunes last week from like a two year old version. It asked me to upgrade the software on my phone so I said okay. Then it said it failed, and my phone was in recovery mode and had to be factory restored. I lost EVERYTHING. Contacts, Apps, Pictures (all 467 of them-mostly of baby boy). I was FURIOUS...luckily, it had synced my phone right before all that. So I got my contacts and media back...but no apps. I hadn't paid for any of them though except for Oregon Trail, so that's not a huge deal. I don't know what I would have done if I would have lost all of my contacts though. Some of those numbers I have no way of getting again.
Anyway, it is beautiful out today. I am going to do some pilates in the house, do some cleaning, and then go for a run. Still on C25K week 1. I don't think I am ready to move on yet. My body is just nowhere near where it was before having my little boy, it needs some time to build up a little strength again. I think the pilates will be really good for that. I love how it stretches me out, and I am always surprised at how my muscles feel sore and worked after, but it didn't seem that hard while doing it. I always feel refreshed afterwards, not exhausted, which is really really nice. It's a great workout, and I strongly suggest it for anyone who has not tried it! All you need is a pilates dvd and some floor space. Maybe a soft mat if you have hard floors.


Looks delicious except for the gross shrimp. But I'm glad you loved it! You mentioned how he thought the margaritas turned out, but I don't think you mentioned your own opinion of them.
ReplyDeleteSo how was it?
It could have had more ice, and less sugar... But I thought it was pretty decent!
ReplyDeleteHe shouldn't be complaining at all! He is getting drinks and dinner made for him :) I bet they were delicious! Judging from the pic, they looked good to me :)
ReplyDeleteAnd no rush love, getting into shape takes time! I think you are doing amazing with your training. Just one step at a time...