So after a LONG frustrating battle with iTunes (Install of update failing, twice, then having to uninstall, reinstall and re-sync) I finally stepped out of the house at about 12:45 or so. It's fairly warm out, and very sunny. I was shocked how hard this was! You run for 60 seconds, walk for 90...8 times. My asthma made my lungs and throat burn a little. But I got through it (I did however, skip run number 6). The hard part came when I got to the bottom of my hill. It is HUGE. Very steep. Sooo hard to push the stroller up. I had to stop 3 times because I thought I was going to vomit.
I finally got in my house and almost passed out lol. I was purple in the face. I felt like this...
I did lay on the floor similarly to that actually. My poor dog thought I was dead or something, he came over and kept trying to lick my face. YUCK.
I knew I was out of shape. I haven't done many workout since I got pregnant. The morning sickness kept me from it the first 6 months...then it had just been too long and I had just gotten too huge. The c section was a set back, so was this damned infection. So this may take longer than I thought, but I am DETERMINED to get back into good shape, and to be able to run! I've never been an outside runner, so this will be new for me :-)
Tomorrow morning a bunch of the squadron wives all get together and walk, so I will meet up with them, then do Week 1 Day 2 of C25K on Saturday! Then Sunday I will go to the gym and do some weights I think.
I made a D-Lights turkey sausage biscuit, and some brussel sprouts for lunch, and lots and lots of water. Now I need to help hubby with getting his resume out, and do some cleaning...I should probably also make sure I look presentable before he gets home.


Something I think I forgot to mention on the phone this morning: cross training makes it easier. By cross training I mean, doing other exercise (that's not necessarily walking or running) in addition to the c25k. Dancing, squats, walking around on your heels to build up your shin muscles (so you don't get the splints).
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on finishing day one! You are awesome!
I don't blame you! I looked like that dog yesterday and I was running on flat ground! There is no way I could do that hill of yours at the end of a run! Good job Shel :)
ReplyDelete