We had about 4 big boxes of diapers he grew out of before he got to wear them. I also went through clothes he has grown out of, is currently wearing, and hasn't grown into yet, and gave them some of those. He had a lot. He really didn't need it all. And if we need more, we can always buy more later. I also gave them a changing pad, some cloth diapers that I used as burp cloths, some receiving blankets (we had a LOT), a couple big fluffy blankets, some formula we were given that isn't the kind we use, and a few other odds and ends.
Turns out the girl lives in my neighborhood now, so that made it very easy to drop off for her. I was very happ to see that she had two vans full of stuff to bring to the people in need there. It's estimated to be another 10 days before people there have their power and water fully restored. So heartbreaking! You never think about this stuff happening so close to you, and to people that you know.
Is it obvious I shop at amazon.com a lot? :-)
I haven't gotten much done around the house today. I really need to get a little cleaning done before my husband gets home. Oops! I took a nap this morning, then went and ran my errands, gathered and dropped off our donations, then called a friend of ours whose husband is deploying Monday...and they just told them on Wednesday. Good job with that one, Air Force!
Tomorrow is a running day again, and I am really excited! I actually felt a little sore in my legs today, so that means that it's working. I really can't wait until I can start seeing results. Not only in appearance, but in the running getting easier! We went on a nice walk last night too, and I carried the baby on my front, and he is getting huge and heavy!
Wwe also stood around for like an hour while I was still carrying him and the boys fished. So that was a nice bonus mini-workout. Every bit helps!
Anyway, off to take care of the baby and the house!


You are a very generous person. I'm glad the baby's left overs will be put to good use for someone who needs them.
ReplyDeleteI got a 5k tomorrow! Wish me luck! I wish you luck! I hope its not too hot out for you!
http://knackfornutrition.com/2011/05/01/the-flood-of-2011/
ReplyDeleteIt's awful! The interstate going South is still closed. I guess one of the access roads is okay...Mike was able to get to work. But most of the towns south of us are very severely flooded...and it's still raining. Pretty bad right now. We are just lucky we live at the top of a hill. I have to brave my way into Jacksonville tomorrow to go to the commissary. We are nearly out of groceries!
ReplyDelete